Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Finally.......

My suprise I mentioned in the last post, I bought a longboard skateboard. Just one more way to potentially hurt myself.

Julian, looking very serious and Leo at Cranberry Flats.

We had a pretty nice thunderstorm Saturday night, you can see the hail balls on the sidewalk leading up to the door of our apartment.

Leo cycling up the boardwalk at Cranberry Flats.


Julian cycling up the same boardwalk, I didn't get a closeup because he was going to fast to snap a second photo.



Well Blogger finally "allowed" me to post my photos, for the last few days it has been saying that my "document contains no data", very frustrating. On Sunday Leo, Julian and I went out for a ride, it was actually Julian's first ride since he broke his wrist. He proved that he certainly hasn't slowed down while he was recuperating. :) We rode out to Cranberry Flats and then after that we headed out towards Grasswood to have lunch at the Smittys there. My suprise was that I bought a longboard skateboard, I saw it in the bike shop and thought that it would be something good to take along with me to Alberta, as it will maybe fit in my bag (I think, it's pretty long). I tryed it out last night as Tina was cleaning the inside of her car, I managed to stay upright on it for a bit, but it's hard. You see the wheels pivot so that you can go around corners, so it makes it hard to balance, you just have to remember that the wheels don't pivot past a certain point, so no matter how hard you lean over it will only go so far. Anyway, I guess it was an early midlife crisis, but I will learn how to skate on it, just takes some practice. Ride safe, and have fun

No comments: