Sunday, September 10, 2006

At work

I spent a week in Rainbow Lake, Alberta for my last set of days at work. We flew up on the above airplane and then after a week we flew back on the same plane. I actually like flying, so it was a fun trip for me, Rainbow Lake was a boring place to spend a week though, not much going on there.

Here is a photo I took out of my motel room window. The semi truck is ours, we were just driving back and forth in it to our work site and hooking it up to the trailer there. As you can see there isn't much for scenery at Rainbow Lake, just muskeg and half dead trees.


A lot of small towns have mascots, Rainbow Lake's is a giant mosquito. It's fitting because the mosquitoes are the size of hummingbirds there. :)



In case anyone hasn't heard, Burley has stopped making bikes of any kind. The actually were bought out after almost facing bankruptcy, the new owner wants to only produce trailers which is Burley's biggest seller. I'm not really happy about that, hopefully they will still honor warranty issues. This next time when I head out to Alberta I will be taking my bike with me. Hopefully I will get some riding in when I'm not working. We are at Tina's parent's place now, she is going to be staying here until she is able to go to work I guess. Ride safe and have fun!


No comments: