Wednesday, March 07, 2007

Giant snowman, funny teeth.........................................

While I was home we drove past this huge snowman on 14th St in Saskatoon, the house had little snow in the yard compared to their neighbors. :)

Tina got me a lollypop for Valentine's Day with big teeth on the end, so I posed for some photos.

Ice built up in the wheel wells of my van.

A snow covered highway north of Saskatoon


Tina trying to take a photo of me scrapping ice out of the wheel wells.


It's been a while since I last did a post. A few things have happened since then. Tina's dad wanted me to take a tour of the diamond mine he is working at right now, so I went there on the first Thursday of my days off. It was pretty cool and the landscape a few hundred kilometers north of Saskatoon changes dramatically, suddenly we were driving around in the woods. I really didn't do too much this time when I was home, I was hoping for some warmer weather so that I could do some work on my van, it needs new brake rotors on the front and probably pads too, I can't afford to get someone to fix them so I guess it will be a parking lot job at our apartment. I need to change the spark plugs too but that is a major job that involves dropping the motor down to reach the back ones. Out in Red Deer we are getting close to spring breakup and slack times for a few months, next time I go out I am going to bring my bike so I can do some cycling in the spare time. It was 12-15 degrees out today I wore my t-shirt all day, spring is coming fast. I'm liking my job a little better now, but I still really miss not seeing Tina for such a long time. I would love to be around her more, especially as we get closer to the big day. I just got my own truck today, not mine to keep, but I will be going on my own now on jobs, no more co-driver to help me out. I'm a little scared, but also I welcome it as a chance to learn new things. I hope that anyone that still reads this is doing well, hope you enjoy the photos. I wish they were better but the prairies looks pretty ugly in the spring :) I can't help it. Ride safe and have fun everyone, come back again soon for more...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

These are all nice picture but all guys teeth is very funny and embllishing.