Tuesday, January 01, 2008

HAPPY 2008!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Heading south on Interstate 15, driving through southern Montana.

Driving through Idaho, it is flat! (for the most part)

Big chunk of ice - 1, My van - 0

Some horribly grainy photos of the fireworks in St. George, Utah

We were staying at the Econo Lodge and this is what we seen outside the door at 12:00 midnight.

Happy New Year! We are already two days into our trip and currently in Southern Utah. We are heading for California tomorrow. We started off today in Butte Montana and quickly headed south into Idaho. We stopped in Idaho Falls for gas around lunch time. We pulled out onto the Interstate after getting gas and were following a semi, small chunks of snow were blowing off the top of it and hitting the windshield. This was making a mess out the windshield so I went to pass the truck. Just as we came up to the back of it a huge chunk of ice flew off the top of the truck and hit the front of my van. I knew it probably wrecked something because it hit hard and shook the van. At the next rest area I pulled in to survey the damage. The ice broke my grill, ripped the hood latch off (you need a screwdriver to open the hood) and bent the front of my hood up, also poking the screws from the grill into the hood and making some cool little dents in it. I wasn't really impressed to say the least, but at least nobody got hurt and the ice never wrecked my radiator or anything which would have been far worse. After that it was smooth sailing all the way through to Salt Lake City, Utah. I would have taken some photos out the window there, but I was busy trying not to get hit by manics going 80+mph in all 5 lanes of traffic. We made it out of Salt Lake City in around 45mins and headed to St. George, Utah were I had booked a room for us at the Econo Lodge. The Econo Lodge was nice, and only $39 for the night, plus we got to check out St. George's New Years fireworks display which was awesome. I forgot my tripod for this trip, so I had to turn up my ISO's on the camera to 3200 just to get a half decent quick shot. So that is why the firework photos look really grainy. Anyway, ride safe and have fun. Look for more tomorrow! :)

No comments: