Sunday, November 18, 2007

Alberta and stuff........

Cresent Falls by Nordegg, as you can see it's getting cold there.



I snapped this photo on the way back from Leo's house about a week ago.




My parent's dog Kramer, wondering why I keep blinding her with the flash, she is adorable though, isn't she?



Looking upstream from Cresent Falls, you have a beautiful scene that is very much the Canadian Rockies, river bed, evergreen trees and snowcapped mountains in the background.





I lent Tina my latest hat with ear warmers cause she said her ears were cold, she seems to like it. :)




My brother Matt and I found this huge water bug carcass at the bottom of the falls, I guess he froze.





My brother Matt, his first time on my blog.



I guess I haven't mentioned this yet, but I quit working at BJ Services in Red Deer and I'm now employed in Saskatoon at Seimens Laserworks. I had to bring all my gear, credit card and fuel cards back to BJ's, so Tina and I took of to Alberta for the Remembrance Day weekend. It was a nice trip, we got to spend time with my family and I got to visit with some friends that I worked with at BJ's. Friday I didn't have to work at night so I thought that a ride would be in order. I met Leo and Julian for lunch at the Parktown Hotel and then Leo and I departed on a ride after lunch. Since it was my first really cold ride of the season I wasn't quite prepared. I was decently warm as we headed south along the river towards Valley Road, however as we left the confines of the city I became acutely aware of a really harsh wind that I hadn't noticed in the shelter of the city. About this time the zipper on my fleece jacket decided that it didn't want to be zipped all the way up around my neck and the two sides parted in the middle letting the wind blow down my neck. We were originally intending on heading south on Valley Road, possibly to the Berry Barn. I wimped out and told Leo that we should ride back towards the city. I was almost frozen when we got back to the shelter of the buildings and trees. I guess this should teach me that summer is over and I should dress a little warmer on the bike now. I bought some supplies to fabricate my long overdue homemade fairing for the front of the bike, I'm also toying with the idea of putting my snow tires back on it now that we got our first little drift of snow this morning and it seems to now be melting. I may look for a more aggressive 20" tire for the front of my bike though, the old kids bike tire I have is pretty worn out now. Anyway to those in warmer climes, happy riding, ride safe and have fun. Those up here in the North, just try to stay warm and keep the shiny side up. :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a fun blog! You really have to check out the website of a 13 year old youth entrepreneur who has an outstanding solution for cold ears that will allow you to wear your helmet, caps, etc. and not interfere with your hearing. I really love these. Go to MittsForYourEars.com