Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Last Ride of 2007!!

Is your work like that?

The bike rack at the library.


Ready to go cycling.


My bike, all ready to go with a ton of books on it.

My new light, not bad, since that is after 7 hours of run time.

Ice on the river.

Being bad and cycling on the sidewalk, the city filled the bike lane with snow piles.

Another look down the sidewalk.

Looking down 4th Ave by the library.

This is probably the last ride of 2007 for me. I did my weekly trip to the library to bring my books back. It was pretty snowy out, we've had a lot of snow lately and most of it is still on the road. The snow tires I made work pretty good, I slipped around a little but it wasn't anything too bad. My new light works decently, it could be a little brighter, but it shows most of the obstacles in my way and the cars can see me. The batteries started to die down a little near the end of the ride, it could have been the cold or the fact that I had run the light for 6 hours previously, I don't know how long the batteries last. 7 hours is pretty good with the cheap batteries that came with the light, with my rechargable batteries it should last a long time. It was pretty cold out (-16Celcius), but there wasn't much traffic and the bike worked well. I may post again before the new year, but possibly not so have a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year. Ride safe and have fun.


1 comment:

Harding said...

Wow! I guess I should be more appreciative of the weather down here in Houston. I can rid every day!

harding