Saturday, July 01, 2006

Nordegg Mine

The coal storage shed at Nordegg Mine.

An electric locomotive and coal cars.

A briquet press at the mine.

The mechanism for dumping the coal cars.

A photo I took today from our well lease.

On of the two shafts of the Nordegg Coal mine

One of the massive fans that ventilated the coal shafts, it is actually double this size, there is another blade on the other side.

A 'Bent cartoon Leo sent me.


The boiler and chimmeny at the Nordegg Coal mine.


Here is the second set of photos from the weekend at my parents place. On Sunday Mom and I went on a guided tour of the Nordegg Mine site. It is now a National Heritage Site and is very interesting to go see, I highly recommend it if your are ever in the area. I'm really getting ready to come home now, being away is really just wearing on me and I want to see Tina again. I got to drive the truck today. We unhooked it from our trailer for the drive back to Brooks, Alberta. The semi is hard to drive that is for sure, I grinded my fair share of gears. :) The guy I'm riding with let me drive it away from the well out to the highway and then down a gravel road for a while until we got out to the TransCanada highway, then thankfully he took over before I made a complete fool of myself. :) Ride safe and have fun, thanks for checking my blog out too.

No comments: