Wednesday, October 26, 2005

The Burley Broke! (kind of ) :(

Just returning the favor, EZRIDER put
a link to my blog on his, so I think that
it is only fair to do the same thing, plus
his blog is pretty interesting too.
Check it out here: www.ezbiker.blogspot.com

Started out on a nice ride tonight, beautiful weather and a light wind. I made my way downtown and was starting to cruise down some back alleys when I noticed a ticking noise coming from my rear wheel, at first I thought that it was my panniers rubbing on the spokes, I check and that was fine so I continued riding. I could still hear the ticking noise so I finally got off and checked the back wheel again, it looked all fine until I grabbed the spokes and noticed that they were very loose. Sure enough I found a broken spoke on the no-drive side, broken off where the spoke enters the hole on the hub. I gingerly rode it home and then removed the wheel for a closer inspection, it seems that the stock spokes are very cheap no-name ones, I expect that they would have all gone snap eventually. Tomorrow I will visit the bike shop and pick up some DT stainless spokes so that I can relace the wheel and get my bike up and running again. I will post picks of the wheel build up tomorrow for you guys to see.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the blog, I think it's good. Just keep going! Don't stop. I have a Internet Home Business, website. If you'd like to get more info about Internet Home Business and related stuff, please check it out!