Monday, October 31, 2005

Happy Halloween!

We bought 32 chocolate bars for treaters and we hand out none, apparently treaters don't come to apartment buildings to trick or treat. I didn't go for a ride tonight, it has been raining hard, and hopefully it won't start snowing tonight, I don't think it will because it isn't cold enough yet. It's funny how cyclist seem to watch the weather alot, wind direction, that kind of thing, it's especially true of cyclist in colder climates like we have here in Canada. I just got the Hostel Shoppe catalog in the mail today, so I can dream a little over the winter. I know that I shouldn't talk about cars on here, most cyclist don't like that to much but I think that this subject fits my blog. I've noticed that lately, at least in Canada many of the automakers are coming out with hybrids or ultra small cars, I'm talking about the Smart Car, Toyota Yaris, upcoming Nissan Versa, and the Chevy Aveo and Suzuki Swift. I've been looking alot at the Yaris lately, I can't afford one right now, but it is supposed to get alot better gas mileage then my Pontiac Sunfire. Also I find that the Sunfire isn't the most practical car for a bike owner, the trunk is too small and the only saving grace is that the seat folds forward. If I lived somewhere that was warmer year round I would probably just have a bike and commute with that, in the winter it can get down to -40 Celcius here so you pretty much need a car to commute to work. I've always liked small cars that are good on gas, hatchbacks are the best because you can fit so much in them compared to a regular car. Unfortuantly alot of people still buy pickups and SUVs for just driving around, I think that in the future gas prices will rise to the point that pickups and SUV's will become too expensive to run for anyone that isn't using them for work related things. Hopefully I will be able to go riding tomorrow night if the weather is good, until then, ride safe and have fun.

No comments: