Saturday, October 29, 2005

It is going to snow!

We rode back into the city on Highway 7, we decided to grab a bite to eat at Cory Park ESSO, they always let us use their storage shed to put our bikes in when we go there.
My friend Leo, he just got his Giant touring bike last year and already he has around 9000kms on it, he rides almost every day and alot in the winter months too.
We were going down Valley Rd. south of Saskatoon. Valley Rd is in the valley which the river flows through and it is lined with small farms and u-pick berry businesses, as you can see it is very flat and open.
My friend Julian taking his jacket off, it got a little hotter around 12:30pm and we were starting to overheat so we all decided to take a few clothes off and cool down.
The new suspension bridge that it supposed to span a small bay of water at River Landing. I was debating whether or not it actually was a suspension bridge or if that wasn't all just a decoration, I'm still not sure. In the foreground you can see workers laying bricks for the new multi-use pathway.
This is the site of the soon-to-be River Landing Park, it is supposed to showcase the river in south downtown, with a dock to moor boats, a large center, fishing platforms etc. It is taking shape nicely and I think that it will be really nice looking when it is complete.
Fine Arts Cafe, where all our rides usually start, it's on 14th St and Temperance Ave. if you ever come to Saskatoon check it out, they usually have semi-normal artwork and a good atmosphere.
Today I arranged to meet my friends Leo and Julian for a longer ride. We met at Fine Arts Cafe around 11:00pm and headed off from there, we decided to head south because there was a headwind from the south. We managed to cross the river on Victoria bridge and then we headed south to Valley Road. My back wheel held up good, I even rode it on some gravel on the way to Valley Road and it was fine. When I bought my bike I greased the seat track to make it easier to adjust, this proved to be a stupid idea because now the seat tends to migrate toward the rear of the bike slightly, especially when I'm really pushing on the seat back. I had to stop and fix it a few times on our ride. It started to get cold in the afternoon and a bank of grey clouds formed in the west and it looks like we may get some snow tonight. I did alot better on my bike today, it was the first day that I really went on a longer ride and my muscles seemed to hold up alright. Anyway, ride safe everyone and have fun.......

No comments: