Monday, October 17, 2005

Winter's Coming!

Home after the ride :)
The Burley at rest
Broadway Bridge
Bandstand downtown
View from the cockpit :)
Victoria Ave Bridge

Working until 4:00pm, by the time I get home and have supper, do the dishes, etc. it is almost dark out these days. So I have been forced to ride after dark. I have a VistaLight light system that I bought for racing in a 24 hour mountain bike race, I haven't used it much since then, until I got the recumbent, now I'm using it daily for riding after dark. I love the VistaLight system because you can mount two batteries under your bottle cage, that is four hours worth of battery power and it doesn't use up a bottle cage. As I headed out tonight I noticed a bite in the air, a little chill, you can tell winter is nearly here. I didn't have to wear my gloves tonight however, so it wasn't too cold yet :) I rode downtown tonight, Saskatoon surrounds the South Saskatchewan River, and is known as the city of bridges, inculding rail bridges there are 6 bridges crossing in the city. I love riding along the river banks, especially at night with all the lights reflecting off the water. I rode down the Victoria Ave. bridge, it is currently shut off to auto traffic because the city is making a traffic circle at the end of the bridge, so it was nice to ride down it without having to worry about cars. Then I rode past the Broadway Ave bridge, up along the river banks too University bridge and then home. Halfway along my ride I was interupted by some teenagers on mountain bikes, one of them threw a water ballon at me but it missed and hit my panniers, for some reason this made me mad, so I gave chase. Apparently they didn't realize how fast the recumbent can go, because I was within 5 feet of them, and they were pedaling like crazy, finally they rode off onto a side road cutting off a few cars in the process, kids these days! :) Anyway I finally got some new batteries for my digital camera (I wish I got a new camera instead) so I took some pictures on my ride, here they are hopefully :) I guess they went at the beginning of the post, sorry still new at this blogging thing :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

VeriSign acquires news aggregator Moreover Technologies for $30 million
Internet services company VeriSign Inc. said Monday it has acquired news aggregator Moreover Technologies Inc.
Very interesting. This is why I read this blog. when speaking in terms of design or system programming you could always say the real time is spent creating a system or application needed for this type thing. It's inspired me to create my embedded operating system site. It's been a hobby of mine since my development stages. Kind of odd, I know.