Friday, October 28, 2005

Gray Skies...

Here I am cruising down the street past City Hospital, that is 20kmph by the way, so I'm not being too dangerous :)
While I was headed to 2nd Ave I passed through downtown, around 3rd and 4th Ave there are alot of older buildings, I really liked this old brick apartment building so I snapped a photo of it.
Another veiw of Kinsmen Park, it looks so beautiful in the fall with all the leaves changing.
The back of City Hospital.
To get to Earls I had to ride west over to 2nd Ave, I cut through Kinsmen Park, and decided to take a few photos of City Hospital, I find that it has some really unusally architecture, especially for a hospital.
You can see how dark and grey it was outside today, hardly any wind though, as you can see the surface of the river is like glass. We are supposed to have snow on Monday, I'm really hoping it dosen't happen yet

I took this picture for "Mars" over at www.bikeforums.net it is a picture of Earls resturant on 2nd Ave with it's very unique sign that includes giant parrots.

I get off early on Fridays, so I like to head out for a ride while it is still light out. Today with the highly overcast skies it was beginning to get dark at 5:00. My wheel seemed to hold up well, I certainly tested it out too. I couldn't cross Spadina Cres to get to the Meewasin trail because of traffic, so I opted to ride down it, I've actually broken spokes on my other bikes on this particular section of road, but my back wheel held up well to the beating. When I got home I retensioned the spokes again because I felt they were a bit loose. We went out for supper tonight and when we got home my girlfriend noticed that my tire was flat on the back. I took the tire off and it appeared that a small rock had gone through the tire and punctured the tube, oh well I put a new tube in and it was all good. If any of you were curious to see some of the new bents that were featured at Interbike 2005, head over to www.bentrideronline.com , they have updated and feature a section on the 2005 Interbike, some interesting new designs out there, definatly worth a look.

No comments: