Tuesday, November 01, 2005

I took this color picture tonight, I thought it looked pretty cool because a car was going by while I was taking the picture, because of the long exposure you can see red streaks where the tailights were on the car. You can see a little cloud, it is supposed to snow tonight, but I don't think that it will because it is too nice out right now, but we'll have to see I guess.

It is supposed to snow tonight so I figured I should get in a good long ride before it does. I did a little over 25kms in 1hour 32 minutes, that isn't too bad for just cruising around town. I think that I may have to stop taking the camera with me due to the cold weather, I'm scared it may wreck it in my panniers. The bike is working well other then I need to tension my rear wheel up again, the spokes on the non-drive side are getting pretty loose again. I may have to purchase some booties to cover my shoes on Friday as I found that my feet were starting to get really cold tonight, some sort of neophene booties would also keep my feet dry in the rain. When I bought my recumbent I opted to not get Burley's Speedstruts for the back of the seat, and up till now I didn't think I would need them, but as I gain muscle power on it I can see that it may cause problems soon because the seat flexes considerably while going up hills and cranking along. One thing that puzzles me about Burley is that they offer Speedstruts, rack package and kickstand mount as options, however none of them will work together because they all mount at the same points, so without alot of messing around you can't get all of them to mount together. Other then this one nagging issue there is really nothing else wrong with the rest of the bike, I guess all recumbents have their idiosyncrasies though. I will be riding again tomorrow night if it dosen't snow out, unitil then, ride safe and always have fun.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Really cool picture tonight, good thing that you never wrecked your camera! Talk to you soon.