Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Downtown Calgary

Pedestrian streets downtown, cars still drive on them, but pedestrian traffic is what they are mostly used for.

Calgary Tower, very cool, I was going to go to the top, but I think you have to pay.

Open air theater across from the subway station.

The first time I've ever seen a subway, it was pretty neat.

Office buildings downtown.

Open-air dining along the pedestrian street.


Downtown Calgary


I finally went for a walk downtown tonight. I didn't get away until almost 8:30 though, so some of my photos ended up underexposed from the setting sun, that is why some of them are a little darker, not my best photos. I found a place to park downtown and put in $5.00!? for parking, a little expensive, but you have to pay that much to park anywhere here. I checked out some stores downtown and just walked around for a bit. The subway was really cool for me, because I've never seen one before. Also I wanted to get a closer look at the Calgary Tower, I wanted to go up in the tower, but I think you have to pay, I may check it out some more tomorrow or ask around and see if you actually do have to pay. Anyway, check back for more soon. Until then, ride safe and have fun

1 comment:

Leeland said...

Hi! I've just discovered your blog thanks to Greg's cross stitch blog. Wonderful pics, pleasure for the eyes. Thanks for sharing. I'll be back (Terminator).