Friday, June 09, 2006

Urban Hikers :)

The big red bus downtown.

Tina, keeping dry under her umbrella.

The Delta Bessborough, looking from the street side at the main entrance

Tepees in the park as part of the Saskatchewan Children's Festival.

The dining area at the back of the Bessborough.




It's been raining for the last two days, so no cycling at all for me. :( Instead I've been walking. On Friday we went for a walk in the park down by the Bessborough hotel. They are having the Saskatchewan Childerns Festival there right now, so we checked that out, although it was all closed up for the day. Today I was hoping to get out for a ride, but the rain dashed my plans again. I was supposed to meet Julian for lunch at a place on Broadway, so I decided to walk there instead of take the car. It was a good 40-45min walk and I actually didn't get too wet because the trees shelter the sidewalk in most places. I found it amazing all the things you see while walking that I totally miss while I'm cycling. Just small things, like a piece of landscaping in someone's yard, or an old car in the tall grass beside the back alley, when I ride my bike along that same stretch of road I don't see any of that, it's kind of cool. I won't be taking the bike to Alberta with me, it's simply too large and bulky to have in my car. I will be posting as long as I can get internet access though, so keep posted for more. This next week I will be in Red Deer and then after that it is off to Calgary for a week, then I will spend the weekend in Nordegg with Mom and Dad. After the weekend I have three more days of training in Red Deer and then I'm either going back to Saskatoon for a week or starting in on my first two weeks out in the field, it's kind of up in the air right now. Anyway, keep checking in for more post, they won't always be about biking, but I guarantee they will be interesting nevertheless. Ride safe and have fun.

No comments: