Thursday, June 15, 2006

Hiking around

Baby ducks and the mother swimming up to me, they thought I had food for them, really I just wanted a close photo. :)

The Bower Ponds park along side the Red Deer river, very nice, to bad it was raining.

Muskrat Sally, she swam right up to me until I got my camera out, that scared her, so she started to swim away, she dove under the water right after I took this photo.

The old CPRail bridge spanning the Red Deer River, built in 1907, it is now used as a pedestrian bridge. Wake up Saskatoon! This is what needs to happen with the Victoria Bridge, NO CARS!!!

It is quite a bit more wooded along the river banks in Red Deer than in Saskatoon.

Only in Alberta, how many MPG do you think this guy gets. Yes, that is a pickup truck.

Part of the trail I rode my bike on last night.

Some geese at Bower Ponds park, the babies are teenagers now I think, not quite ready to leave Mom and Dad yet though.


Tea House in Bower Park.



Well it was raining but I decided to go for a walk up the other side of the river tonight. It actually stopped raining after I had finished my supper and actually drove over to a church parking lot close to the river. I walked for about 6 kms round trip, but I wanted to check out this cool park that I had noticed last night from the other side of the river on my bike. Walking enabled me to take more photos, 106 all together. Because I had the autofocus on most the time and it was raining, a lot of the photo's were out of focus, I guess it was focusing in on raindrops instead of the subject. No blog tomorrow or Saturday probably, I'm heading back to Saskatoon tomorrow and on Saturday Tina and I will be going to a wedding, but Sunday I will post possibly if I have internet access in the motel in Calgary. We'll have to see. Ride safe everyone, and have fun too!

No comments: