Thursday, June 22, 2006

Expensive Photos!

Here is the outdoor theater that I took a photo of in the last post

Some of the photos didn't work too well because of the sun reflecting off the windows

This was a little freaky.

Calgary Saddle Dome.

Beautiful church and park.

Some really big, cool statues in front of the Calgary Education building.

A huge condo on the other side of the river. I believe this is the Bow River.

Shiney office buildings downtown.

The subway again, or the C-train as it's called here.

A very pretty church across the river in Calgary


This post has been almost 5 days in the making, it was ready to go on Thursday night, I got about half of it up and running and then my internet in the hotel room conked out. I tried again at my parents place, but they have dial-up internet and my photo files at 2MB each wouldn't load at all. I'm back in Red Deer and very homesick, but I have some decent internet access for a few days so I'm taking advantage of it. Anyway Thursday night I decided to go up in Calgary Tower, at 525' tall it promised a very nice view. After paying $4.00 for parking I went to the tower and payed another $13.00 for a ticket to use the elevator. The elevator took a few minutes to reach the top and my ears were popping the whole way. Finally at the top I got out, right outside the elevator there were clear plastic panels on the floor that you could walk on, I thought they were a little scary but I walked on them, alot of people couldn't get over them and wouldn't even come close to them. I spent about 30mins up in the tower taking photos. I have some more really good photos from the weekend that will have to wait until tomorrow. I went to my parents place in Nordegg, Alberta for the weekend and snapped around 650photos, alot of them are poor so I will have to wade through them all before posting them. Thanks to all that are still looking at this still, even though it's a "slow" time for me right now. Remember, ride safe and have fun.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Sean!

You took some pretty nice pictures when you were in Calgary! I wish I could have been there with you! You never would have caught me on that glass platform thingy though, it looks too scary for me! Anyway, I can't wait too see you, talk to ya later!

Love, Tina