Thursday, June 08, 2006

Sunny day in God's country...

The new setup for my tomato plants, now they are up in the sun.

Hows that for a wide shoulder? A very nice shoulder on the highway to Aberdeen

Some nice horses finding shade under a tree on the way to the Clarksboro ferry.

The ferry taking a truck across.


The main drag in the huge town of Aberdeen (notice the sarcasim) :)



Well Leo and I did get out for a ride this afternoon. We actually had a pretty good ride. It was mildly warm with a light wind, we headed out towards the town of Aberdeen which is about 25kms northeast of Saskatoon. We did the full circuit to Aberdeen and then across on the river on the Clarksboro ferry, a short jog over to the town of Warman and then back to the city. All together I put on 84kms, which isn't too bad for an afternoon. I was thinking all day about a ride to Batoche this summer, that is about 200kms round trip, so a pretty decent haul, I think with proper pacing it really wouldn't be too bad. Batoche is one of my favorite parks and I would love to get some photos of it for you guys. I want to wait until Julian's arm has healed though, so all three of us can head up there one day this summer. Anyway probably no post tomorrow, I'm taking Tina's car in to get the windshield replaced, meeting Julian and Leo for coffee and taking Tina to and from work. I will post again on Friday and then it is off to Red Deer, I will try to post from there, if I get a good internet connection, stay tuned. Ride safe and have fun.

No comments: