Monday, May 22, 2006

Bikes on Broadway

Some more geese down along the river bank.

The Broadway Roastery, where we met this morning for coffee.

These following photos are of the Cat 4 Crit race along Broadway.







Today was really nice, I'm not sure how warm, but as I'm writing this it is 11:20pm and it is still 20 degrees Celsius outside right now, the A/C and fans are cranked up, but it's still too warm for me. I guess I like colder weather, a lot of times on the prairies I find that it gets too hot in the summer months. Today we met at the Broadway Roastery for coffee before venturing out for the day. We then head up Broadway a few blocks to check out the racing action. The Cat 4 riders were just finishing up and the women were getting ready to go, I managed to snap a few photos of the Cat 4's racing around, I find that to be the most interesting category because a lot of the riders aren't that experienced yet and everyone seems to be using a different technique. After watching the racing a bit we headed out to Wanaskewin Heritage Park for lunch, we had a good lunch and after that I headed home because Tina and I had plans for later in the afternoon. I just want to thank the Regina riders who came up and shared their time with us this weekend, it's always great to meet new people, make new friends and share some beautiful Saskatoon riding with fellow cyclist. Ride safe and have fun, check in tomorrow for more.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

No wonder I haven't heard from you! you've been busy. It's alot greener there then here. We have a fire ban on cause it's so dry!