Monday, May 15, 2006

Saturday ride and post number 170!!!

The small marina at Greenwater Lake.

Heading back to Porcupine Plain from Greenwater Provincial Park.

Sunset on the prairies.

Greenwater Lake.

This means fun, try 62kmph fun. :)

Greenwater Lake provincial Park sign.

Looking down the road back to Porcupine.


Some geese swimming around in a pond.


We went to Tina's parent's place on the weekend (I think I mentioned that in the post before this) I took my bike this time with the intention of cycling to Greenwater Lake. I left around noon on Saturday and I had a tailwind for the whole way, so I managed the 26kms to the park in 65mins. It's a really nice highway to Greenwater, there are actually a few hills along the way that are not too bad. There was a really good hill heading into the park, I got up to 62kmph pedaling and then coasted along at that speed for quite a while. I finally realized that I really can't get over that speed without coasting, my bike is just too low geared for that with the mountain bike gearing. The ride back to Porcupine Plain was not so good, I had a strong headwind and it was raining part of the way. I still made it back in around 90mins, not bad, the bike really goes into the wind good. I won't be posting tomorrow because Tina and I have some plans. I will probably be out on Wednesday though, and hopefully I will have my new seat by then. Ride safe and have fun.

1 comment:

gC said...

Hi there, FLYBU! Good to be looking at your blog again. Kinda envious of the riding you do but then again, 'Lazy' tends to be my middle name of late. And I have been stuck in 'stitcher' mode too so... Anyway, just wanted to send a 'Hi!' your way and wish you and Tina a good and happy happy time!