Friday, May 05, 2006

Not my lucky day.......

Future visions of a "green" Broadway Ave.

The Broadway Theater.

Looking down Broadway.

Leo riding ahead of me on the way to Vanscoy.

Sun setting over houses along Spadina Cres.

Some interesting clouds.

Reflections in the ditch. :)


The CNRail train crossing the bridge south of Saskatoon.


Ever feel like you could have done yourself a huge favor by just staying in bed for the whole day, writing it off and getting up tomorrow instead? That was how my day went. First off I had problems with the mesh pulling out of the seams on the back of my seat for the Burley, I hadn't mentioned this before because I hadn't sorted something out with Burley. I took the seat off last night to attempt a repair of the seat back for our ride today. While I had the seat off I noticed that the frame at the back of the seat was completely sheared in half at the weld. I contacted Burley again this morning and I'm happy to report they are replacing the whole seat at no cost to me, also they were quite surprised as this is the first seat they have had come back broken. I managed to fix the back of the seat up enough for the ride today and there was still a lot of strength left in the seat so I was okay with it for today. I headed out towards Victoria Bridge to meet Leo and I tried to adjust my mirror, it snapped off in my hand. I stopped at a bike shop and bought a helmet mount mirror instead, hopefully it won't break. Everything was fine until we stopped in Vanscoy (a small town about 35kms from Saskatoon) for lunch, Leo and I locked our bikes to a really flimsy bike rack that wasn't even bolted down. I went to the bathroom and looked out the door of the coffee shop only to find both of our bikes sprawled out on the pavement and the rack flipped over. Leo and I unlocked them and locked them to a post after that. I didn't think about it any more until we left and my rear shifter wouldn't shift more then 5 gears, then it jammed. I looked at it for a bit and then noticed that the derailer hanger was bent like crazy, I guess from the fall. I grabbed the rear derailer and gave it a good yank, this straighten it out enough to make it to a bike shop in Saskatoon, where they aligned it and straighted it out good again. Leo and I then went to visit it Julian, that went well and I left home around 5:30pm. On the way home I heard a really loud snapping noise. I've heard it before and it isn't good, my fears where confirmed when I found a snapped spoke on the rear wheel. This would be the fourth time I've relaced it, to bad I cheaped out and reused spokes the last time. I did managed to make it home though, I will have to fix my wheel tomorrow, which I won't like because it is supposed to be 25 degrees out tomorrow and I want to go riding, maybe the folding bike will have to get recomissioned for a bit. Anyway, until next time, safe, lucky cycling and have fun!

No comments: