Saturday, May 27, 2006

Good News

In case anyone was wondering what happened with my new job (I was frankly starting to worry myself) there were some problems with my medical that had to be approved. Nothing really bad, I just mentioned my skin allergy and carpal tunnel syndrome and the company doctor had to determine if I was fit to work for their company. Thankfully everything checked out good and I will be starting soon. On Monday I will be giving my two weeks notice at Hitachi. Though I won't be riding while I'm working, I will be taking my computer (it's a laptop) and camera along for sure, so hopefully I can post if I get internet access in my motel room. Really my little blurb at the top of the page doesn't really pertain to this blog anymore, it's still focused on my riding and recumbent, but I also want it to encompass other aspects of my life as well. Truth be told it's become almost an enjoyable habit writing in here every other day, most of the time I really like it. So look for some photos from the oil field, hopefully of the truck I'm driving and some of the things I will be doing. I will also be doing a lot of traveling so hopefully I will be able to share some nice photos of that with anyone who reads this. Today I actually don't have any photos, it was misty out all day so I didn't take my camera with me. This morning I met Julian for breakfast at a coffee shop by his house, after that I rode home for lunch, I made pancakes for lunch and Tina came home because she works close by today. After lunch I talked to various people on the phone for quite a while and then I headed downtown to go to the library, it had actually cleared up a bit so I had an enjoyable ride. While at the library I had two people ask me about my bike, this has become very common. There are two types of people that ask, people who don't bike and are wondering what the heck it is, and people who do bike and are looking into a recumbent for themselves. The latter group surprises me, I didn't know so many people in Saskatoon were interested in getting a recumbent, apparently the internet helps because anyone can see pictures of recumbents on the internet. When I got home I had a shower and then when Tina came home we went out to a bridal shower that a friend of her's from work was having, we stayed there until around nine, had a good meal and a drink and then we drove around to look at a few houses and things. I probably won't post till Sunday now, check back then for more, ride safe and have fun.

No comments: