Saturday, March 11, 2006

Finally Finished


My slick tire on the front and my fender.

The rear tire and fender.



My new Kool-stop brake pads, pretty spiffy.


I worked on my bike a little tonight and it is now finished. Well not quite, I got a tandem brake cable for the rear and it wasn't long enough, I had that same problem with the shifter cable, guess I will have to order one from the bike shop in the right size. I already ordered two 4000mm shifter cables, that should be long enough. Tires are another problem, I can get the rear tire, but the front one is a problem. I would like Kenda tires like the bike came with, maybe Big Apples would work too, if I can jam them between the fork blades. Anyway I don't know what I'm doing tomorrow, we got another huge dump of snow today so I might go skiing, we'll see. Until tomorrow, ride safe and have fun.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

How awful, more snow! We seem to be escaping it. Not even 1/4 inch, Ha Ha!Limpy

gC said...

Hello again! Good to hear that you are getting your Burley up to where you want it. Good luck with the cable length difficulties. Just a suggestion -from one tinkerer to another- you might consider shortening your (I assume still) stock cable housing lengths. It may/not help you get a couple inches (or cm's, in your case) of length out of them. Never having worked on a Burley, I can't say with any certainty how much to shorten them. In the past -with Grape- I shortened the housings just enough to keep them from kinking. Like I said, just a thought. Use the old 'measure twice, cut once' method if in doubt...

Friendly bits of help from your 'bent American friend! ;-)