Saturday, March 18, 2006

First post from out of province and some surprises!

View from my parent's cabin in Nordegg. I took this on Friday.

Tina and I in front of the Black Stump restaurant in Rocky Mountain House.

Well this is the first post that I've made out of province. I could only upload two photo's tonight, I had many more that I wanted to but on here but it is just too slow with my parent's dialup internet. I will be posting a lot more when we get back to Saskatoon, either Monday night or Tuesday sometime. Friday we drove to Red Deer and we stopped in at Bentley Alberta at the Bentley Cycle and trading post (you can check out the website HERE) to get some seat struts for my Burley and a spare idler pulley. Grant Patton at Bentley Cycle has a really great bunch of different bikes so if your in the area I highly recommend the drive to Bentley to check it out. Today we went back to Rocky Mountain House again, we were supposed to go exploring out west of Nordegg, but the snow kind of put a halt to that plan, so we went back to Rocky Mountain House again to do some shopping. Tina didn't know this, but for a long time I've been planning on proposing, I wanted to keep it a surprise and went to great lengths so that she didn't find out. I had decided that this was the weekend to propose to her because we were on a trip and I thought that it would be more memorable that way. I had the ring and everything, but really wasn't sure how I was going to do it. Well we ate at the Black Stump restaurant on Friday and since the food was so excellent that day we decided to eat there again today. I decided to propose at the restaurant, I wasn't really sure how I was going to do it. They had these napkins rolled up with a band around them, this gave me an idea to surprise her, so while she wasn't looking I slipped the ring into my napkin and then switched my napkin with her's. Then I waited until our meal came and she started to open here napkin. I did achieve my goal of catching her completely off guard, she was so stunned she didn't answer me for a while after I asked if she wanted to marry me. She finally said yes and made several comments about how "sneaky" I am :) I actually couldn't get the ring I wanted in time for the weekend so the jeweler gave me a ring that was close in design with a cubic zirconia in it, so on Tuesday we will have to go and get the real ring. Anyway it's getting late, I probably won't post again until Monday or Tuesday, so until then ride safe and have fun!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Sean and Tina!
K&B ;P