Tuesday, March 14, 2006

Let's get personal

I was thinking the other day (something I try to do at least once a day) and I realized that most of my post on here are about things that I do or rides I go on, very few of them deal with me. As most of you know I've been looking around for a different job for a while now. Having only high school education makes it difficult to find something that pays close to what I make now at my current job which I've been at since shortly after I finished high school. I don't really get much satisfaction from my job, I'm looking for something that is more challenging and something that offers a better future. For almost the last year I've been job searching and the other day I finally came to the realization that I won't find anything (at least in Saskatchewan) that comes close to my current job without some sort of higher education. My problem with going to school is an ongoing debt problem that is mostly of my own making, due to my current wage I can't get much for a student loan and with my current debts that makes school out of the question. I've decided that instead of talking about going to school and about how I hate my job, that I should really do something about it. I've decided to postpone my ParisBrestParis attempt until a later date. I'm still going to follow through with my riding plans for this summer but I think that I will focus on local Brevets in the mean time. I need all the money I can get right now to pay off debts and save money for school. I've made a goal of attending school in 2 years at the most. Hopefully I will be ready in another year. As much as I like riding I think that I should shift my focus to other more important things in the next few years. What could be more important then cycling? The quick answer is that there are many things that are more important to me then cycling, it is something that has changed my life immensely for the better, and I enjoy it as a hobby very much, but I find that a lot of other things are more important. My future, my girlfriend, family, and friends. I really find the blog helpful for setting goals for myself, because I feel that after telling everyone on here I have to live up to my statements. :) Anyway I have been going on the treadmill lately and haven't taken any photo's or anything. I'm really going to make that up to all of you on Thursday when Tina and I go to Nordegg, Alberta to visit my parents for the weekend. Tina and I both took Friday and Monday off so it will be a enjoyable time for both of us. I may go out and take some photo's tomorrow, so check back then, in the mean time, ride safe and have fun!

2 comments:

gC said...

Hello again! I know what you mean as far as postponing some things in order to get other things done. (PBP vs. debt removal) Hang in there, though because the day when you get all -or most- debt free is a good thing. Been there, done that myself, believe me. ;-) Anyway, have a good day and a good weekend too.

Anonymous said...

What about Calgary, is not big money for all kinds of jobs happening there now! It's not as if you will be going to colder climate.

B