Monday, March 06, 2006

Some jewels for the Burley

These are going on the Burley tomorrow, beautiful X-9 trigger shifters.


New Sram cassette and Sram X-O rear derailer. I will be shedding a little wieght with these upgrades but hopefully it will improve the shifting.




Well I finally decided to start equiping the Burley with 9spd components. The two things I hope the improve with this is upgrade are improved shifting and an improved gear range. When I got the bike the smallest chainring was 24 teeth and the largest cog on the rear cassette was 28 teeth, now I have a 22 tooth chainring on the front and my large cog on the rear cassette is a 34 tooth. With the 22 tooth front and the 28 tooth on the rear I found that I would run out of gears quite a bit on steeper hills, I'm hoping that the new combination will help out a bit on the hills. And since I hate gripshifters with a passion I will be welcoming the new trigger shifters. Hopefully I will get the bike up and running by tomorrow night. Turns out the call I got regarding the job on Friday didn't turn into anything, I'm a little depressed about that, but hopefully I will get something soon. Anyway, there is supposed to be freezing rain tonight so I doubt I'll be riding for a while, but check in tomorrow I will post some new photo's of the Burley. Until then ride safe and have fun.

No comments: