Friday, April 28, 2006

Ahhh! I turned into a lobster...

A small section of rapids just downstream of the ferry, look at that sky, it is so beautiful.

My fearless cycling companion Leo, taking a breather on the ferry.

It's not to far to the other bank of the river, it takes about 5mins to cross.

A very appropriate road sign, right next to the Clarkboro cemetery.

A railroad bridge just south of the ferry.

The ferry operator getting ready to unload a car.


My Burley and Leo's touring bike, this time they are taking a ride.


The Clarkboro ferry crossing the South Saskatchewan river.


As my title might suggest, I got really sunburnt today, the same thing happens every spring. I go out on the first nice day and forget to put on sunblock, next thing you know I look like a giant tomato. It only happens once a season, I learn fast after that and carry my sunblock with me. Today was beautiful, around 20 degrees, with a crisp blue skies above and little to no wind, perfect for cycling. Leo and I decided to head out to Aberdeen. To get to Aberdeen you have to ride to the town of Warman which is just north of Saskatoon, then ride down to the river and cross on the Clarkboro ferry, after that you have to ride about 11kms on a gravel grid road and then you are in Aberdeen. After that it is 25-30kms back to Saskatoon. All together I put on 94kms of riding, after we got back to the city with both rode to Julian's house to visit him, I think that he is really not liking his cast now, and I don't blame him with all the nice weather we are getting, he can't go riding or do any yardwork. We visited at his house for a while and then we both went home for supper. I was a great ride and a nice way to start off the season. I think we will be riding tomorrow too, so check back tomorrow for more photos. Ride safe and have fun until then.

No comments: