Monday, April 17, 2006

Rising Waters

Our official engagement photo.

Water flowing over the highway just east of Porcupine Plain.

Someones house trailer which is probably floating, notice the truck in the foreground, the water is up to the doors.

The main road leading into the small town of Somme.


The main road leading into the town of Weekes.


I actually tried to post from Tina's parents house but Blogger was acting up as usually and none of the photos would load. They got a lot of flooding around Porcupine Plain as you can see from the photos above, pretty crazy. We actually went to Tina's parents place Thursday after she was done work, we took Tina's new car and it worked well, it averaged 31MPG for the whole trip, which is good when gas is $1.09/liter. Gas is supposed to climb even higher this summer, I've heard $1.30/liter and $1.50, the first number is probably closer to what it will actually get too. Then in the fall they will lower it down to $1.09 and everyone will go on about how cheap the gas is again, it's kind of funny, every year they slowly raise the price and nobody seems to notice. I really don't know how so many people can drive around trucks these days, I think a lot of them will be trying to sell them this summer if gas gets really high, just like last summer. The way I think of it is, if you need to haul something get a minivan, they have almost the same volume of cargo space as a 1/2ton truck and you still get around 30mpg with it. People are going to have to wise up and realize how much gas they are wasting with their big truck or SUV. If you want a 4X4 there are a lot of little SUVs now that are good on gas and probably better 4x4's then the big ones. Anyway I'm done ranting now, we came back to Saskatoon late last night after a nice visit for Easter with Tina's family, I'm still on night shift for some reason and probably will be till the end of the month, so I got to sleep in this morning. Tina and I may go for a little bike ride this afternoon before I go to work. I'll probably post something tomorrow, so check back then, ride safe and have fun.......

No comments: