Sunday, February 19, 2006

Another Sunday Ride


Sunset photo's at Diefenbaker Park again. If anyone wants to not see any more of these please leave a comment. :)

The Burley sitting against the bench at Cranberry Flats, the perfect place to nap on a warm day.

Riding into Furdale where the town sign says, " Please Drive Safe, our roads are our sidewalks".

The Burley with the South Saskatchewan River in the background.

Cruising along, it's hard to shoot photo's with the SLR and ride at the same time.


Here is where I went riding today, I rode out south of the city a little ways to Cranberry Flats.


I just started my website on freewebs.com and it seems to have died, I don't know what happened but it's gone, sorry guys. Anyway I went for a good ride today, it was one of those days that reminds you of a scene out of the movie "Fargo" very cloudy and depressing. But it was quite warm, when I started riding at around 12:45 it was -8C outside. There was a cold wind coming from the West and I ended up riding into it for most of the ride. I took my horn off today, I realized that I had used it only once in the last couple of months and I wanted that water bottle holder back again because it is warming up. Not much though, by the time I got to Cranberry Flats I had nothing but a 7Eleven slushy in my water bottle :) I took some photo's at the lookout point at Cranberry Flats, but I didn't stick around long because it was such a cold wind. I rode back into the city and did some hill climbing around Victoria Bridge for a while before heading home. All together I got 34.5kms on the bike today. Not too bad, but I'm hoping to be in reasonable shape to log 200km and 300km rides in the spring. I want to go back to Batoche national park which is just around 200kms round trip from Saskatoon, and I want to take a lot of photo's there, it is beautiful there. So I guess that is something to look forward too, for everyone that follows my blog, I like to show you guys new things and for the non-cyclist I want to show you how much fun it can be. I think it takes a certain person to get hooked on cycling, some people never catch the bug, no matter how many good rides they go on. I just like to say that my worst day cycling is always better then my best day at work. And it is a cheaper hobby then golf, not much cheaper, but a little bit. :) If it doesn't snow like it is supposed to tomorrow I will head out for a ride, so ride safe and have fun.

No comments: