Tuesday, February 21, 2006

Bike Fixing

Quick, yet ugly solution to the sliding seat problem, hose clamp and an old tube.


Sweating away on the treadmill.


I had a post all typed up yesterday, and was just about to post it when the computer froze up, pretty much summed my day up yesterday. By the time I ate supper and Tina and I went for groceries it started to snow and so I had to put my bike ride on hiatus, today was really no different, I went on the treadmill both yesterday and today, it was a good workout, but really not nearly as much fun as riding. Hopefully I can go riding tomorrow after work. I'm going to head out right after work so I can get in some daylight riding hours. The last few days I've also spend some time working on my bike, spring is fast approaching and it needs a lot of work done. As I was fixing the sliding seat problem last night I noticed that one of the links on my chain was trying to part company with the rest of the chain, the entire side plate had ripped off the rivet, and the chain was just hanging together by the one side. I need a new chain, the one that is currently on there is starting to get many loose links in it, and it's only a matter of time before I'm fixing the chain everytime I go out. I cleaned off my old 9spd cassette to ready it for installation on the Burley, I just need to buy some new chains. Today I took the stem and headset apart to regrease them, I think the headset was a little on the loose side and I managed to tighten up the flip ahead stem considerably. My website is back up again, check it out HERE. Check in tomorrow for more, make sure to ride safe and always have fun.......

No comments: