Thursday, February 23, 2006

No Title Today

I went for a ride tonight, but I didn't take the camera with me because I wanted to do a fast ride. I averaged 16.5kmph and had a top speed of 36.5kmph, not bad with studded snow tires. I think I got the whole seat issue sorted out now, I left it reclined and it seems to work well, I'm hoping that it will reduce my frontal area slightly so that it is easier to ride into headwinds. Since I didn't take any photo's today I'm going to put a link to this cool video that I just got off Bentrideronline, someone posted it there and I thought it was pretty good considering the fellow in the video was riding with one hand while filming the entire thing. Here is the link:

RECUMBENT VIDEO


Have you ever thought of what your ultimate dream bike would be. The spare-no-expense, no compromise dream machine. Well I thought that maybe I could share my dream machine. If I one day win the lottery this is the bike for me, sure it would be pretty rough over our Saskatchewan roads, but I'm sure it would be capable of blasting down the highway all day at 40kmph. So my dream machine is the : Velokraft NoCom
Not the most practical bike on earth, but it does have a storage compartment under the seat. It looks fast just sitting still.

Rants

After tonight's ride I have some issues with my Burley.

Issue #1

I hate grip shifters, they are the worst component ever made in my opinion, why people actually choose to put them on their bikes is beyond me. I was so happy when Sram came out with triggershifters, and since Shimano went to that silly dual control system Sram is miles ahead in the shifter department. I own and love my Sram X-9 trigger shifters and as soon as spring rolls around I will throw the grip shifters in the garbage and put the trigger shifters on.

Issue #2

The Sunrace rear derailer on my bike is possessed by the devil, I'm convinced of that. Yesterday I actually took the time to adjust the cable so that it was actually shifting flawlessly (this is a very rare occurrence, believe me) throughout my ride. Today I went out and after two shifts it was skipping wildly around again, very frustrating, I just left it like that, my poor cassette is taking an awful beating. When I get the 9spd parts on it will hopefully clear up all these issues.


Okay, I'm done for today, so ride safe and have fun. Check in tomorrow for more. Thanks for listening.

No comments: