Wednesday, February 08, 2006

The Burley rides again! :)

Green houses at the University


The Meewasin Trail, it looks nice and smooth, but that snow is covering up ice, so I found out. :)



I went riding today! Finally worked my way up to going out, I was actually over-prepared for the weather, it was cold this morning, but when I went out riding tonight it was only -5Celsius, there was a warm wind blowing, I actually had to remove my balaclava because it was so warm with it on. I actually did a little over 16 kms and I wasn't that cold, my feet started to get a little cold near the end of the ride. It was snowing a bit when I started out, which made it scary in spots. I got on the Meewasin Trail and it looked very stable and snow covered so I was cruising along at 23kmph and then suddenly I slid and almost went down, it was the closest I've come to crashing since I bought the Burley last September. I guess the light dusting of snow covered up the sheets of ice that covered the pavement of the trail, making it look like nice grippy snow, I proceeded much more carefully after that. If we don't get a huge dump of snow tomorrow I will be out again tomorrow night. Until then, ride safe and have fun.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Flybyu, why do you not look at a cheap or inexpensive trike for winter cycling? Then you will not have to worry about putting feet in puddles or putting feet down at stops. I myself am using an upright delta trike for winter commuting. I miss not being able to ride comfortably like on a bent however the three wheels are really safer her in the nations capital.

B

FLYBYU said...

I would like to get something like that, but I really don't have any money right now, I'm trying to pay off debts and I can't justify buying another bike right now, of course a trike would be ideal in the winter. Maybe in a few more years I can look into that.