Sunday, February 12, 2006

Going for a Sunday Ride

Sunset over the river

The moon rising up over Diefenbaker Park

Leo hitching his bike up at Taste Buds on Lorne Ave.

The back of the old grandstands at the exhibition grounds.


It was beautiful today, as you can see.



Yesterday was Tina's 23rd birthday, I went to a job fair in the morning and then around lunch time I went to my friend Leo's place to help him move his couch downstairs (he's getting a new one). After that I went home and Tina and I went to test drive a SMART car, it was really cool and I want one more then ever now, however that won't be for a long time now, I have to relieve myself of debt first. Today it was very nice, at 7:00 tonight it was still 4C outside, and as you can see from the photo's it was melting quite a bit out. I decided to get the bike all muddy and went out for a ride, I headed out for Cranberry Flats Conservation area and I actually met up with Leo on my way out there, so I decided to postpone the ride for another time and go for coffee with Leo, so we rode back into the city and stopped at Taste Buds on Lorne Ave. I still managed to get in 16kms of riding though. I phoned Tina on the way home and tell her to hold off on supper so that we could go and take some sunset photo's. However she had already started to make supper and she wanted me to pick up some sausages when I got home. I decided to make my first grocery run on the Burley and I stopped at Sobey's on the way home to pick up some sausages and then I headed along on my way. I then decided to take the Burley to the car wash by our apartment and give it a good washing. It looks pretty shiny now, but I doubt that it will stay that way for long. I've been giving some serious thought to getting rid of my car lately. If I could get some bus service to work (or find a job along a bus route) I would get ride of it. Tina wants to buy a new car anyway, so then we would have her's for longer drives, we use mine for all that right now because her car is small and has a few mechanical problems with it once and a while. I plan on cycling to work throughout the summer anyway, so we will see how that goes. Ride safe and have fun..

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You took some beautiful photos today!

K.

Anonymous said...

I loved the picture of Deifenbaker Park, Beautiful!