Tuesday, January 17, 2006

Heading home from Nordegg, Alberta

Your's truly, driving the van.

Mom and Dad's Storage space in Rocky Mountain House.

Tina in the back of the van, you can see how big it was now that it is empty.


Mom and Dad's new place in Nordegg.



Sunday we left around 3:00 from Rocky Mountain House after unloading the rest of truck at Mom and Dad's storage unit there. We headed out towards Red Deer, I decided to go through Sylvan Lake and Red Deer again so that we could see them in the daytime. Sylvan Lake was very nice, but I imagine that it would be crazy in the summer time because there was even a lot of people there now with the lake frozen over. We got into Red Deer and of course I had to make a wrong turn :( so we were lost again. I kept going on this road until it came to a new subdivision instead of the highway, so I stopped the van at a convenience store and asked for directions. Finally we got back on the highway out of Red Deer but we had wasted about an hour and it was already getting dark. Next stop was Hanna, Alberta to fuel up and get supper at the truck stop, after that we headed towards Kindersley, SK. We stopped in Kindersley for a few minutes to surprise our friends Kristin and Chris, then we continued to Saskatoon. By the time I had the truck fueled back up and ready to go back to Budget it was 1:00am, we were very tired to say the least. As for the rest of the week so far, Monday I really did nothing as I was feeling sick. Today I was feeling very lazy too, but I went to Canadian Tire and got some new wax for my cross-country skis. Then I went skiing for a bit tonight in Kinsman Park downtown. They have probably 2 kms of nice groomed track in the park and it weaves around all over the place, it was very pleasant except for the fact that my ski boots are too small and really squeezed my toes. I will have to go to the sports exchange place and see if I can score myself a set of bigger boots, maybe some waxless skis too, as I hate waxing my skis all the time, even if it works better. If I go skiing tomorrow I will bring my camera along and take some photo's in the park. Until then, ride safe and have fun...

No comments: