Monday, January 16, 2006

Heading out to Nordegg, Alberta

Nordegg Lodge, Dad will be the maintenance guy here.

The Budget van, it was a big one, Mom reserved a 5 ton, it took me a while to get used to driving such a big vehicle, but I eventually got the hand of it.



The Budget van fully loaded up and ready to go, we had a power tailgate which was nice for loading the heavy things.


Well, I went to Budget on Friday afternoon and picked up Mom and Dad's rental van. Tina and I then drove it to my parent's place. We loaded it up on Friday night, it turns out that Mom had rented a really BIG van so we only filled it halfway to the roof, which was still a lot of stuff to bring :) Dad had a lathe and assorted tools to go with it that he sold the day before they left, that's why Mom rented the big truck, she thought we would need it for the lathe to fit in. Since it was very late when we went to bed, we didn't get started until around 10am on Saturday. The drive to Nordegg was pretty uneventful except for some fog from Loreburn to Hanna, Alberta, we had to backtrack from Hanna (home of rock band Nickleback) to a truck stop to meet my parents and fill the van up, apparently I thought the truck stop was right in Hanna (it wasn't) so there was some confusion there. Then Tina and I took a wrong turn in Red Deer and ended up on a two lane road heading to Edmonton (whoops!), so we turned the van around and took another wrong turn (whoops again!) we ended up taking the scenic route to Nordegg which took us through Sylvan Lake (which was very nice) and we arrived in Nordegg around 10:30, we unloaded and got to bed around 2:00pm I think, long day. Check in tomorrow and I'll go over the return trip to Saskatoon in the van (nicknamed "Budgie"). Ride safe and have fun..


No comments: