Sunday, January 22, 2006

It's 1:05AM, but I'm still doing this :)

My "Hot Paws" gloves, this is the second set I've bought, I burnt a hole in the first set with the exhaust on my car :( They were only $9.99 at Canadian Tire and the warmest gloves I've ever worn, these are my "good" pair now.

I took this photo by Market Mall, there are many apartments like this in that area, and I thought the colors were interesting.

This is a little sample of what it was like out riding tonight, not very nice.

Just a quick snapshot out of our apartment window.

I was just being stupid and took a photo of tonight's supper being made, Italian Extra Hot sausages...YUMMY!


A funny cartoon that I got off of www.bentrideronline.com



Well it is pretty late, but I promised I'd post something tonight. Today I went on a quest to find some new cross-country skiing boots, I went to my usual spot but was totally out of luck finding anything in my size. I then went to a place that sells new equipment and they had new boots that would fit the bindings on my skis, and they were really nice, but also $90 :( So I decided to take my boots to a shoe repair place to see if they could be stretched a little. Because I have skis for feet the lady had to send the shoes away and I won't get them back until Thursday, I guess it beats spending $90 on a new pair of shoes that I would hardly use. I don't really go skiing a lot, but it's nice to have a backup activity when the weather gets really nasty out. Tonight I decided to summon up some motivation and actually go on a bike ride, it was hard because it was around -18 Celsius out there. I did manage to get in 6.5kms riding around my area here, which has been grace with the presence of the rarely-seen City of Saskatoon snowplows. I rode all around by Market Mall and then back to my apartment, nice quiet streets. I tried to take more photo's but the auto-focus on the camera didn't like the cold weather too much, it was working, but it kept locking on to different things and it was really slow, I finally decided just to put it back in the bag and keep riding. Hopefully I will get out tomorrow as tonight's ride really lifted my spirits and I need that in the middle of winter. Check back in tomorrow, I promise to have something of interest to someone on here :) Until then, ride safe, and always have fun!

No comments: