Saturday, January 28, 2006

Yah! New toys for me!!:)

Riding back from Leo's place on Friday night, for some reason it was very light out.










I didn't get to post this last night so here it is today. I got some new parts for my bike yesterday, I finally managed to find some tandem shifter cables so that I can re-cable it in the spring. Also I bought some replacement bearings for my RaceFace X-type crankset (see photo above) I believe I 've talked about these cranks before, the whole system is pretty bullet proof, but since it is something new I want to make sure I have spare parts for it. Next I got myself a really nice Giro helmet (also see photo above) to replace my other Giro that had cracked down the middle. Friday night Tina and I went to a potluck at my friend Leo's place for the Saskatoon Cycle Club. The potluck was small but very nice, I rode my bike there and Tina came in the car after she was finished work. Today was an off-day for me, we had friends from out of town come so I didn't go riding. Tina and I went to look at cell phones this morning for my birthday and she got me a Virgin Mobile phone, it's nice because you can buy cards so I don't have to pay every month. I just have to figure out how to use it. :) I will probably be riding again on Sunday night or maybe Monday (my B-day!), so check back in soon, ride safe and have fun.

No comments: