Monday, January 30, 2006

I'm older now..... :(


I took this photo yesterday, today I changed it to black and white in Photoshop, just a photo of the sidewalk on Spadina Cres.



I'm a little older today, 25 to be exact, I'm not bitter, but that is half way to 30, I'm going to have to start acting my age soon. :) Well now that I will probably be staying here I'm making more serious plans for the Paris Brest Paris in 2007. I mentioned the PBP in my profile and I guess that I should talk about it a bit for those who don't know what it is. The Paris Brest Paris is an ultra long distance endurance ride. It was first run in 1891 and is the oldest cycling event in the world that is still run. The ride starts in Paris, France, riders then cycle 600kms west to the small costal town of Brest, France, in Brest they turn around and ride 600kms back to Paris. Overall the ride is 1200kms and must be completed in under 90hours. The PBP is currently a randonneuring event, therefore to qualify for it riders must complete a series of brevets (randonneuring events) in the same year as the PBP. Brevets are generally held in the each province (for Canada) and consist of rides that range in distances from 100kms to 1200kms each. Obviously I will need to get into shape for this, that's okay though, my doctor told me that I have to lose weight anyway. :) I'm planning on some long rides this season and a lot of riding in generally, so hopefully it will help, I may do some brevets this year too. I didn't go riding today, just really felt lathargic today for some reason. I will be riding tomorrow though, so check in then for more. Ride safe and have fun.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

A belated Happy 25th Birthday! Grow up? I hope I never grow up!
Best wishes, K & B.

Anonymous said...

apwkmbJust signed in Happy belated 25th birthday, hope you had a great day.See you soon, take it easy. From: The Fletcher's