Saturday, January 07, 2006

Just riding around...............


Canadian Light Source synchrotron


Saskatchewan Research Council Building


Hydophonics labs at the University

Just another photo of my cockpit :) I just realized that when I installed the faceplate on the stem I put it on so that the Burley is upside down, I'm too lazy to change it though.




Well I managed to get in almost 15kms of cycling today. I went out around 4:00pm and it was quite nice. I stopped at my local bike shop because they were supposed to have ordered some tandem rear shifter cables for me, but because they just placed an order they told me that I would have to wait until they placed an order again :( I don't really need them right now, but it kind of surprised me because I wouldn't have been very happy if I did need the cables right away. I'd really like to start my own shop one day, the work I went through to get my 'bent just proves that Saskatoon needs a recumbent shop, and the hell that my friend went through to get a folding bike proves that we need a shop that offers some service and isn't all hung up with trying to be hip and cool. Most bike shops aren't big money makers however, so maybe this is something I can do when I retire :) I'm talking about staying in Saskatoon now because I got a call from the potash mine in Allan on Friday and they want me to come in for an interview on Wednesday. Since I'm having a hard time figuring out what to do with the company in Red Deer, I will take the job at the mine for sure if it is offered to me. I'd actually prefer Red Deer, because I think that Alberta offers more of a future for young people just starting out, and work is easier to find, but staying in Saskatoon means that Tina could keep her new job and I would probably be able to buy a really nice house in Allan, SK. for much cheaper then Saskatoon. Also potash is a growing industry with China starting to buy a lot of potash for fertilizer. I'm kind of leaving the whole situation up in the air and just going with the flow. Most of my photos are from the University today because I spent most of my ride cruising around the university grounds. Anyway, I got to have a shower now, so check in tomorrow for more, and ride safe, and always have fun!

2 comments:

gC said...

Hi, hi, FLYBY! Just read your post. Once again, great pics. (Wish I could get my cam to cooperate...) In regards to your previous post, there is something that you -might- be able to get to keep the gunk off your cables. A few years ago, I had the fortune to find some plastic cable coverings (for lack of a better choice of words). If you look at some new bikes, they have these coverings on certain cables; on upright bikes, they may be on the brake cables if they are exposed (no housing). The problem, though, is the fact that I have no idea where to find them. I haven't found any reference to them anywhere for quite a while. However, if you are on good terms with your LBS (or any LBS for that matter), you might be able to chat them up enough to find them. I don't know if that is enough info to go on, but it might be a good start. Happy hunting...

Oh, BTW: I managed to drag my chubby butt out for a ride last night. Yippee!

Anyway... have a happy happy and be safe in the snow!

FLYBYU said...

Thanks for the advice GC, I know what your talking about and I never even thought of that before. Good job with the riding too :)