Thursday, December 22, 2005

I reached my goal

Another sunset picture.

Sunset on the river.

"Share the Road" sign on Spadina Cres.

University Bridge backlit by the late afternoon sun.

The intersection at 8th Street where I cross, it was pretty busy today because it was around 4:30pm when I left, almost rush hour.





I finally reached my goal of 1000kms before Christmas today, I got 1001kms on the Burley. It was nice and warm today too, actually a little too warm as the snow and ice was melting and making a real big mess of the bike. I went downtown and then rode on the Meewasin trail for a little ways. It was a pretty good ride except for the muddy bike. I went to Planet Carwash and hosed the bike off for $1 then I lubed the chain to get it ready for riding in the New Year. This will probably be the last post until January, however we are back in town after Christmas so I may write some more after Christmas and possibly go riding a little before New Years. Check back again soon. Ride safe and have fun.


5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Merry Christmas and all the best in the New Year!
K & B

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on reaching your goal!

gC said...

Greetings from the Midwest U.S., FLYBU! I am so glad to have finally found a decent 'bent blog page. Good luck with your riding (try and stay warm) and good luck with training for PBP too. Cheers and happy 'benting!

FLYBYU said...

Thanks so much for the comments and have a Merry Christmas!

Anonymous said...

Matt called from Vegreville at around 10:30. All was well and he was even getting good gas milage. We won't be leaving too early, it's been a long couple of days. Take Care!