Monday, December 05, 2005

Winter Wonderland

Ice on the river.

Christmas decorations on University Bridge.

Part of the Meewasin Trail going through Kiwanis Park.

Yep, it was cold out! and snowing too. :)

A really cool gingerbread house at the Festival of Trees.


Tina, her friend and I went to the Festival of Trees at the exhibition grounds tonight, here is the center piece of all the Christmas trees.



Vital Stats for tonight's ride.

Temp: -20C/-7F (for our American friends)

Total distance: 10.65kms

Total time: 45mins

Avg speed: 13.9kmph

Top speed: 25.7kmph

Other people out riding: 1 (crazy guy!)

Other people outside and not in a car or riding a bike: 3


Well tonight was quite the ride, my coldest to date and also the snowiest. Right off the bat I managed to have my foot come unclipped when I was pulling back on the pedal, and my foot swung backwards and I hit my ankle on the idler pulley of the Burley, this hurt a great deal and still does, I also have a large bruise there. After the cold numbed my ankle :) the ride was quite pleasant, there were very few cars on the road and the ones out there were giving me a lot of room. I went for a physical today and my doctor told me that I should lose 2 inches off my waist in order to have a healthy body. People don't realize that just because you exercise doesn't mean that you can't get overweight and have health problems associated with it. Obviously I'm going to try and eat better from now on and get a lot of exercise, hopefully I can have those 2 inches off by next fall. Well I don't know if I will go riding tomorrow or not, I may just wimp out and go on our treadmill instead. Until then, ride safe and have fun

No comments: