Sunday, December 11, 2005

I still don't know what's happening, but I like it!

The Burley got treated to a nice bath at Planet Carwash today, then I rubbed it all down with a rag, here it is drying in the sun, even the chain is clean now.

My new Cateye mirror, my last mirror completely broke off in the cold, I like this one better anyway, it stays adjusted and it has a wider angle of view, also it hasn't vibrated since I got it.

Sask Ave. South in the day time, there are some really nice houses down here, like the one on the left.

This guy followed me all down the road until I turned, he even stopped to take a photo of me when I took one of him, I will say that he has good tastes in bikes!

A farmer made a welcoming message with his hay bales.

Pulling into Grasswoods.


My bike got pretty dirty today


Because there was ice on the roads where they lived, Leo and Julian opted out of riding to Grasswoods, I however was fine, I actually covered the 6 kms in about 15 mins and was 30mins early. We had a wonderful lunch buffet and talked for a while. After that I decided to head home a different route along Grasswoods road, kind of the scenic route through the country. I was going to turn at Clarence Ave. and head back to the city, but the +6 Celsius weather was too good to pass up, so I kept going towards the river, I managed to do 28 kms and my grand total since I got a computer for the bike is at 934kms, not bad but I plan on covering that in a few days next summer. I got the bike pretty dirty today and had to go to Planet Carwash to wash the bike off, it is now sparkling clean and ready to get lubed up for riding again. Hopefully I will be out tomorrow night, so check back tomorrow. Until then ride safe, and have fun.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It was a fantastic day here as well. The ice and snow are pretty well gone. The mayor & company put up our village Christmas decorations, and I changed a few bulbs in ours.Took me all of 5 minutes. Got lots of packing done today. Your buffet is empty, ready to go!