Thursday, December 01, 2005

Snowbiker!

Yours truly after my ride tonight.

The Meewasin Trail in the dark and snow, you can see the snow flying in the beam of my headlight.

A cool photo I took of University Bridge, a little closer up.

University Bridge in the night, you can see the icebergs on the river again.


Spadina Cres and 24th St. intersection, site of a fatal car accident on Wednesday.




Tonight's ride by the numbers>


Total kms covered - 14.5km
Top speed - 30.1kmph
Tempature - 15 below zero Celsius
Number of other nutty people seen riding a bike tonight - 2
Number of people riding a bike tonight "just for the fun of it" - likely just me :)
Number of pairs of socks to keep my feet relatively warm - 3 pairs
Number of people seen out running tonight - 3
Number of water bottles almost frozen solid - 1

Well as you can see I went for a ride tonight, it was cold but I was bundled up good and was pretty warm except for my toes which were freezing. I managed to get in a good ride despite the cold and snow flurries. The studded tires worked very well tonight, although I did spin a little leaving an intersection by the University. I will be going for a daytime ride tomorrow and hopefully I will get some good photo's. Until then ride safe and have fun.


No comments: