Friday, December 02, 2005

My cozy toes!!

The tower crane at the corner of Spadina Cres. and 24th St. I thought my bike had broke, but it was just the crane spinning around, it's the first time I've seen it move so I took a photo.

The Victoria Bridge, again....

Looking down our back alley, you can see my Airzound horn that I just installed, I had it on my folding bike but I think I would use it more on my 'bent. Especially at night when cars don't seem to see me sometimes.
Today's ride by the numbers:
Today's temperature: -18 degrees Celsius
Total km's: 15.5
Top speed: 31.8 kmph
Average speed: 16.5 kmph
Other riders I saw riding today: 0
Runners I saw running today: 2
Pairs of socks to keep my feet warm: 2
Since my feet got so cold last night on my ride, I decided to look for an alternative to keep my feet warm today. I went to Peavy Mart after work today and started looking at different socks, I found a pair of socks made by a company called Wigwam (www.wigwam.com). They are supposed to be rated for -40 and rated for extreme weather conditions, so I thought that they would be a safe bet to keep my feet warm. I knew I had made a good choice when I went to the cashier and she asked me if I was planning on doing some ice fishing. Today's ride was about 2 degrees colder than my ride last night, and there was a strong north wind, so I though today would be a great day to test out my new socks. I actually rode a little farther than I did yesterday, and at the end of the ride my feet weren't extremely warm, but they weren't freezing either. I did wear a pair of cycling socks underneath them to wick the sweat away, maybe that helped! Usually under my coat I wear a long sleeved cycling shirt without pockets in the back, lately I have been wearing the cycling shirt and then putting a regular T-shirt over top of it to stay warm. You can see when my ride is finished how well the cycling shirt works because it is pretty dry while the regular T-shirt is very damp from all the sweat. Obviously the sweat is traveling through the cycling shirt and then being absorbed by the T-shirt. I won't be doing any rides this weekend because Tina and I are at my parents for the weekend and I left my Burley at home. However, I will be posting this weekend and adding some more photos that I took today. Until tomorrow, ride safe and have fun!

No comments: