Saturday, December 10, 2005

What the heck is going on?

A small side street that doesn't get much traffic, there is still some snow on it.

14th St. You can see that all the snow is mostly gone, just water and ice left.


There is a saying in Saskatchewan, "If you don't like the weather, then wait five minutes" how true that is. From the really cold weather at the beginning of the week to yesterday's 6 degrees it has been a roller coaster of a ride. Today I left and it was pretty nice out, around 1 Celsius, however it soon started to rain! and I didn't go to far, only 7 kms because I hate cycling in rain. They need to make little windshield wipers for people with glasses, cause it gets really annoying when you can't see anything in the rain. I avoided back alleys on the way home, they were very icy and the first one I ventured down I could barely stand on the ice let alone ride on it, so I stuck to the main streets. Tomorrow Leo, Julian and I are supposed to cycle out to Grasswoods for brunch, they have a smorg at the Smittys out there, of course I will take the camera along and capture all the sights, so be sure to check in tomorrow for that. Until then, ride safe and have fun.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It is like a skating rink at both the motel parking lot and our driveway at home! We made it home safely, the road van never even skidded. Talk to you tomorrow.