Thursday, December 29, 2005

Dashing through the snow.........

Leo preparing to unhitch the bikes.

A construction crane on the new condo complex along Spadina Cres.


Saskatoon City Hospital in the early morning fog.




Well the flash on my new toy doesn't work, I was a little upset about that, so I took it back to the store this morning. The salesman told me that they would give me a new camera when they get some more in, apparently I got the last one. They were nice enough to let me keep this one until a new one comes into the store. I rarely use the flash anyway, but for the price of the camera I would expect that it would all work good. I phoned up my friend Leo this morning and we arranged to go for a ride today, I managed to put on almost 17 kms, it was pretty tough going in a lot of places because of the deeper snow. Leo was going along pretty good on his mountain bike, but on the recumbent there isn't as good of weight distribution, so I struggled in a few spots. I found that leaning forward over the handlebars shifted more of my weight forward so the bike went through the snow a little better. It is still very foggy as you can see by the photo's at the top of the page, hopefully it will burn off soon so that we can see some sun. We will be away again until January 2nd, since both Tina and I have to be back working on the 3rd, so I will be putting the blog on hiatus until the 3rd of January. Until then ride safe and have fun.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi! Greetings from Yuma! It's 72 F out right now. Wanted to give you a new phone # to reach Granny at, also give it to Matt for a contact # till we leave on Thursday morning. It is 928-305-2728. Don't use Lorraine's phone # any more, this lady lives much closer to Granny's trailer.We all say Hi!