Thursday, December 15, 2005

Pure Insanity

Heading north towards the CPRail train bridge on the Meewasin Valley trail.



Here is a quick shot that I took while I was passing through a parking lot at the University, look at all that snow!



Well I did it! I finally managed to get the Burley out for a ride, first one since Sunday, that is sad. Tonight I managed to cover a little over 10kms, it was very cold (-19 Celsius) because we had a wicked wind coming in from the north. I spent my entire ride in one gear because I did something stupid, when I took the bike to the car was I apparently got some water in the cable housings, because after sitting in our storage room since the weekend, I took it out today and neither the front brake or front derailer work properly. I guess the cables corroded when they dried out and they no longer slid good in the casings, so now I'm stuck with one gear. The Burley worked really well tonight in spite of the lack of shifting and it got me thinking about the ultimate winter bike, something I mentioned in the previous post. So I want everyone to head over to:

www.velomobiling.net

This is an entire site dedicated to the a little known super bike called the velomobile, after looking at the site and all the info I could see myself getting one of these if I had the money and room to put it. I probably won't update this much over the weekend because we have company for the weekend and I have to finish my Christmas shopping :( So ride safe and have fun.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad to see that you made it out, but you must have been awfully cold, Brrr! Remember what I said about believing in yourself. Bye, we may see you tomorrow.

Anonymous said...

I ride a Rans Rocket. Three yrs. and counting...

Love your pics! Keep the blog going....

jeff in Ohio