Friday, December 09, 2005

Nothing much happening.


My latest gadget, Swiss Army Soldier, the original Swiss Army knife.



First off I would like to shamelessly plug my parents motel and home, if you would like to live the small town life and make a decent living too, all the while owning your own business and large house for very little, then this is a deal for you.

Check out the site at: http://saskhouses.com/listing.php?id=4258


Obviously I didn't post yesterday, it snowed a great deal and I felt that it was unsafe to be out riding, plus I spent most of the evening helping our landlord seal plastic over our windows to keep them from sweating. Today it warmed up to a balmy 6 Celsius, and then it rained, so no riding tonight either, the roads are just a mess, mud and slush everywhere, I didn't feel like going out and getting sprayed with mud and muck from passing cars. I purchased a Swiss Army knife today, I used to have a Ken Onion Leek folding knife, which was very nice and had assisted opening. Then recently I somehow lost it. I really didn't realize how much I use a pocket knife up until that point, but I've missed it dearly since then for various household tasks. So today I replaced it with the above Swiss Army knife, it was the only one with an aluminum handle and it was only $25 so if I lose it or break it then I won't cry as much as a $90 folding knife. I like it because it is very well built, nice and light and it had multiply tools which always come in handy for a cyclist. The blade seems strong and sharp, I will have to dress it up a bit to get a proper edge on it, but I think it will be a good knife. A lot of people think of folding knives as weapons (or any knife for that matter) I however have never thought this way, next to the hammer the knife is probably the oldest TOOL known to man, people always need to cut something and it is the perfect tool for that. Due to gun control a lot more people seem to be getting stabbed or threatened with knives lately, so if you carry a folding knife with you people think your a criminal or something, I've had people give me weird looks when I take my knife out to help them cut a bag open or something. The fact of the matter is, everyone should carry a pocketknife of some sort, it can save your life, you could cut you seatbelt off to get out of a burning car for instance, or survive in the woods for a few weeks, it's all about being prepared. I should be riding tomorrow unless the weather takes a turn for the worst again. So until then, ride safe and have fun.


No comments: