Wednesday, December 07, 2005

I'm not bitter, really I'm not!

South Sask Ave. very nice treelined streets.

More of the Meewasin Trail.


The Meewasin Trail as it winds under Broadway Bridge.




Well, I'd just like to say a few things. To the woman in the silver Pontiac Grand Prix, I really sorry for slowing you down, I hope I didn't detain so much that you were unable to go grocery shopping, pick your kids up or cruise through the drive through at Wendys. Thanks so much for honking your horn at me several times to let me know how much I inconvenienced you. Also I'd like to send out a message to the middle age man who was shouting sarcastic insults at me as he walked into the bar with his friends. If you were drunk, I understand that, I just feel sorry for the fact that you are so narrow-minded that you think I'm weird. I'm really just trying to stay in shape so I don't look like you when I'm in my 50's, maybe instead of insulting me you should praise me for looking after myself and staying healthy. Okay, now I'm finished venting :) tonight's ride wasn't all bad, it warmed up a bit tonight and I was able to get in a 12.4km ride. It started off pretty bad through as I got a flat tire before I even left my apartment. I've been having problems with the 20" front tire, this is the second flat I've had on it, it appears this one went flat when the tube was somehow pinched. There also appears to be considerable wear all along the inside of the tube (where the hole was) it almost looks like the tube was spinning inside the tire. It is partly my fault, I'm having an awful time finding 20" tubes with a presta valve, and the only ones the bike shops have are for really thin tires that are used on the front of racing wheelchairs. These work fine with the narrower slick tires, but with the snow tires on I think the tube is stretching too much to fill the higher volume tire. I'm going to try and find larger tubes tomorrow so that hopefully I can fix this problem. Until then, ride safe and have fun.

No comments: