Wednesday, November 30, 2005

I'm so lazy..

Well, I didn't go for a ride today. Of course it was -15 and snowing tonight, so I guess that is why I didn't feel too motivated. I've been hanging out at www.bentrideronline.com and checking out the forums. If you frequent the site I started a post for people to post their bikes, so far there are a bunch of pretty cool rides on there. My Burley kind of pales in comparison to some of the other bikes on there, but it's my bike and I love it! Really I think that LWB is the way to go, the only other bike that I may consider is the Rans V2 Formula, it is pretty much the same size as my Burley but Ran's managed to get it down to 27lbs somehow. I know that my Burley flies along pretty good and it is almost 40lbs, so I can only imagine how fast the V2 Formula would be. Of course the Burley is a lot cheaper then the Rans to buy in the first place, so I think it is still the bargain. Originally when I first started looking at recumbents I was a little scared about the whole monotube frame idea. Being a big guy (235lbs) I was a little concerned about flex and possible breakage. However after owning several 4130 CroMo diamond frame bikes I felt fairly safe purchasing the Burley. It actually doesn't flex at all, but the chainstays do flex quite a bit, which is actually really nice because combined with the long wheel base you get a little suspension action out of it. I really think that 4130 is an ideal frame material, it is really strong, relatively lightweight and usually easy to weld up if it breaks. I've noticed that it usually doesn't rust too easy either. Anyway I'm just rambling so I will post tomorrow when I've actually hauled myself off the couch and gone for a ride. :) So ride safe and have fun.

No comments: